Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gratuitous Gun Pr0n #102...

M&P9 w/Leupold DeltaPoint and Streamlight TLR-1s
Now that I have a decent timer, I can start seeing if and where the dot offers its biggest advantages for me over the conventional irons. It feels faster on stuff that involves a lot of transitions, like running a bunch of plates, but the clock won't lie...

I have been pleasantly surprised at how not sucky that Taylor Freelance mag extension is. I've had some less-than-satisfactory experiences in the past with other brands of aftermarket mag extenders.

(Also, note to self: Get some BUIS on that thing. I'm probably going to have to pair a tall front sight blank with a suppressor-height Glock rear dovetailed in front of the sight housing.)
.

9 comments:

Critter said...

That is one tacticool rig ya got there. We're gonna have to make you a reserve deputy or something.

Harry Flashman said...

I think you would like our gun club. I go shoot my old rifles when I can find a stand, but lots of the younger people do the kind of shooting you do.

Must cost a lot, though. They are always buying this and that gadget.

Tam said...

"...the kind of shooting you do."

And what kind of shooting is that?

Seems a funny ol' sort of world where people are only allowed to do one kind of shooting. :)

Noah said...

Is that your carry setup? I can't remember if you'd mentioned that or not. If so, has the DeltaPoint forced any changes to position, angle, what-have-you?

Tam said...

Noah,

"Is that your carry setup?"

Nope. But I'm about confident enough in the DeltaPoint to CCW it. It's been banging around in the range bag for, like, over a year without breakage or loss of zero.

Will said...

Tam,
have you checked the RDS/irons setup that Gabe Suarez's group use? They seem to prefer sinking the RDS into the slide, forward of the original rear sight. The cost to mill a new dovetail shouldn't be much different from doing it for the RDS, and it doesn't matter as much where it goes, as opposed to losing the sight radius of the irons.

Might matter somewhat as far as holsters go, though. They might need some mods, but then again, the rear sight in front of the RDS may cause the same problem.

Tam said...

Will,

It is sunk into the slide, yes.

Netpackrat said...

I had Suarez's outfit mill a couple of Glock slides for RMRs and I like them a lot. I would not want to have the red dot without the BUIS, and I am pretty sure I wouldn't want the rear sight in front of the optic.

Tam said...

There's a pretty good thread on the topic here; I believe pros and cons of both rear sight placements are covered.